Then this tutorial will help you do it quite quickly and with no difficulties at all! Your XP will look almost like OS X 10.5 Leopard and I hope you will like it.
OK, let's start then
To totally change your XP you will need the following programs:
StyleXP or Window Blinds (skins the GUI of your operating system)
FinderBar (The OS X style drop-down menu on top)
ObjectDock, RocketDock or MobyDock (the cool dock at the bottom that contains shortcuts to
YzShadow (puts a lovely drop shadow under the windows)
iTunes (no need to explain :) )
Icons (What can i say? The little pictures on your desktop. This file contains about 1000 icons from Apple OS X 10.3 Panther, which make a very big difference in appearance of your desktop)
Ok, now how to :)
- Install StyleXP or WindowBlinds
- After the program is installed, skin your interface. I prefer Panther style (try it yourself)
- Install FinderBar but don't turn it on after you have finished installation
- Unlock Windows taskbar and move it to the top of the screen
- Turn on FinderBar and you will see then fields: Finder, File, Edit etc. If you don't see it clearly, right-click and point to 'SkinIt!' and click on it. The toolbar will now adjust to the bar and will look like the one from original Apple Mac.
- The dock. Install whichever version you have downloaded. It is very easy to set it up. All you need to do is to drag your shortcuts to the dock. Simple!
- Install YzShadow. This will put a shadow under your windows.
- Download iTunes and turn the music on :)
- Change the icons.
- Use any High-Definition wallpaper :)
- Voila, you have a cheap Mac!
I hope you will like it,
Good luck and have fun.